Licence Application Content Requirement
Each Application shall be comprised of two parts as follows:
1. Application Letter and Attachments: Each Technical Proposal shall be submitted with a covering letter on the Applicant’s letterhead, signed by at least one paerson duly authorized to act on behalf of the Applicant. The following documents shall be attached to this letter:
the audited annual financial statements (consisting of at least a balance sheet and an income statement, together with the report of the auditors thereon and the notes and other explanatory material thereto) for the Applicant’s three most recent years.
2. Technical Proposal: Each Applicant shall include a Technical Proposal demonstrating the Applicant’s commitment and eligibility to submit an Application, as well as its qualifications, understanding, experience, expertise and financial capacity. The specififc material and information to be included in the Technical Proposal are as follows:
2.1 General Information: General information on the Applicant, including:
a) The name, legal status, street address of the head office or principal place of business, postal address, and a description of the business of the Applicant.
b) The name, legal status, address of the head office or principal place of business and a description of the business of all the shareholders or consortium membersof the Applicant, the identification of the shareholder or consortium member, as the case may be, which Controls the Applicant, and whether any of such shareholders or consortium members are Virgin Islanders. In the cas of business corporations listed on a stock exchange or other recognized securities market, this information shall be supplied only to the best of the Applicants knowledge and with respect to Persons owning more than ten percent (10%) of the issued capital.
c) A chart showing the ownership structure of the Applicant and illustrating the interrelationship among the Applicant and the Prsons referenced in sub-section 3.2.1 (b).
2.2 Business Plan: A Business Plan including the following:
a) A market demand analysis of the Virgin Islands market for the relevant Telecommunications services, including subscriber demand, growth projections and estimated revenues. The market demand analysis shall include the Applicant’s market share capture projections and subscribers projections for the next five years.
b) A concise summary of the plans for the implementation of the Telecommunications Licence, including organization and management of the Licensee, number of employees, and use of Virgin Islands and foreign personnel within the company for the next six years of operation.
Commercialisation and customer relations strategies for the first two years of operation, including an indication fo the market segments to be targeted and the methods envisioned, both for services and for equipment. The Applicant shall specify its quantiative assumptios for each Telecommunications service market segment in the Virgin Islands and the market share it hopes will be captured by the Licensee.
c) Commercialisation and customer relations strategies for the first two years of operation, including an indication fo the market segments, to be targeted and the methods envisioned, both for services and for equimpent. The applicant shall specify its quantiative assumptions for each Telecommunications service market segment in the Virgin Islands and the market share it hopes will be captured by the Licensee.
d) Technical plans and schematic diagrams, including without restriction a description of the technology or technologies currently employed, the technology or technologies to be employed in the immediate future, the planning principles, methods and accuracy tools to be used in the planning process and whether the Licensee will establish its own international gateway for the purpose of providing international telecommunications services. Each Applicant shall supply the main characteristics of the proposed Teleocmmunications Network, making it possible to evaluate:
- The network architecture;
- The locations of all existing towers (Lat. & Long., height above ground) and switching/routing facilities;
- The traffic flow capacities;
- The channel management and subscriber capacities;
- The network’s compliance with applicable standards and the requirements of the Licence Terms and Conditions;
- The devices im0proving use of the assigned frequencies;
- Traffic management during peak period;
- The quality of service during peak period;
- Points of interconnection to the other existing Licensees;
- Public payphone plan;
- Internet access plan;
- International roaming plan;
- Technical methodology for providing lawful intercept of telecommunications
e) Proposed tariffs or service pricing plans for each telecommunications serive that the Applicant plans to offer.
f) Notarized Copies fo all existing signed agreements with third parties for Telecommunications Services received or provided, such as interconnection, facilities sharing, pole attachments, leases for cell site and equipment locations, subsea or terrestial cable access, and broadcast programming.
g) Evidence of Town and Contry Planning Department approval for all telecommunications tower sites in accordance with teh Physical Planning Act, 2004, and evidence of right-of-way for existing ple lines and underground conduits or cables. (tower sites shal include antennas mounted on utility poles, rootops, or attached to walls or structures).